Baicalin 85% – Powder, 50g
Baicalin is a highly bioavailable flavone glucuronides found in the dried roots of Scutellaria baicalensis that may act as an antioxidant and possesses antithrombotic, neuroprotective and hepatoprotective properties.
Baicalin is a bioactive agent and one of the flavonoid compounds which is mainly isolated from the root of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi also known as Scute, an herbal plant of the genus Lamiaceae where the roots possess medicinal properties. It is the glycosyloxyflavone which is the 7-O-glucuronide of baicalein. Clinical studies on Baicalin have shown that it possesses pharmacological activities including antiviral activity and photoprotective effects against oxidative stress. It is also shown to alleviate inflammatory reaction, stimulate normal skin keratization and reduce liver inflammation and fibrosis.
What is Baicalin?
Baicalin is a bioactive flavone glucuronides derived as a medicinal herb from the dried roots of Scutellaria baicalensis. It is a known prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor that has been extensively used in pharmaceutical and food industries because of its outstanding bio-activities and pharmacological properties.
Baicalin Benefits and Uses
Studies have shown that Baicalin may have the following benefits:
- May have anti-thrombotic properties
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Neuroprotective effects
Additional Information on Baicalin
Baicalin is found in several species in the genus Scutellaria, including Scutellaria baicalensis and Scutellaria lateriflora. Baicalin, along with its aglycone baicalein, is a positive allosteric modulator of the benzodiazepine site and/or a non-benzodiazepine site of the GABAA receptor. In studies done on mice, baicalin produces anxiolytic effects without sedative or myorelaxant effects.
Where to Buy Baicalin?
Botany offers high-quality Baicalin powder in a quantity of 50g and with 85% purity. The other contents of Scutellaria baicalensis georgi make up the remaining 15%. Our Baicalin has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 250mg orally twice daily
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 50 gram jar contains 200x 250mg servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (250mg) Contains:
- Baicalin 85% 250mg
- Other Ingredients: None
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.